Actually, the secret behind my fast cooking was using 'sambal tumis' which only left about 1 cup to make 'Asam Pedas Ayam'. ( enough to make sambal paste for asam pedas)
For the original recipe you can refer to Myresepi or Myresepi.
Mine?.. just the simple way...
- with the ready made 'sambal tumis', ..just heating it .
- add about 1 tsp fenugreek and 1 tbsp ground coarse black pepper ( depends on you).
- then, put the chicken, ( cutting into small pieces)
- mix them to combine.
- put some tamarind paste and water..(depends on you, the quantity)
- put the 4-5 onions ( cut into wedges), 5-6 tomatoes ( cut into wedges), 3-4 stalks lemongrass ( trimmed and bruised)
- ..and let them boiled again..
- taste them,
- next, add a bit of salt, and sugar..( depending on how sweet the flavour you prefer).
- stir ..and put 'daun kesum' , 'mint leaves'..,.( depends on you).
- ... let them boiled again... and remove from heat...
- it's ready to eat.
For other dish... since there were 1 packet prepared squids and 1 packet beans..in the refrigerator..so, I decided to make 'Masak Kunyit'.. it has been a very...very long time since I cooked this dish.
Another simple dish too.
Recipe?... I'll try to post it later... since it's already late now..insya Allah.