Wednesday, 24 June 2009
Food : Menu Minum Petang 240609
This is our menu for today's afternoon tea ..
It's very simple and took less than half an hour to prepare.
Well, I just used a ready made puff pastry and for the filling inside, I used seafood sticks and brush the top of the rolls with egg yellow to give the golden brown when cooked.
It's easy and I served it with chili sauce.
Kuih Apam Beras..or Nasi. This is my first attempt and I 'm very satisfied with it....I made it for my second child. She asked me for making it for her since last Sunday... So, at last..here is it..'cupcakes'...,'' Kuih Apam Beras..''. very simple..and took less than 15 minutes to prepare.
For the recipe.. please refer from Myresepi, or...
2 cups cooked rice
2 cups plain flour
2 cups rice flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar ( depends on you..)
2 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon dried yeast ( I used 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried yeast)
dessicated coconut (sprinkle with some hot water so.. it becomes soft and add salt to it).
1. Place cooked rice and water in blender. Blend it until rice is all ground up.
2. Add brown sugar and sugar in (1)and blend it again ..as smooth as possible.
3.In a large bowl, combine plain flour, rice flour and dried yeast. Then transfer the blended mixture to the bowl.Mix together all the ingredients , cover closely and let it stands for 3 hours..or until it doubles in sizes ( I just can't wait.. thus, that's the reason I increased the dried yeast to 1 1/2teaspoons, and let it stands for 2 hours )
4. Then, add food colouring into the mixture..(any colour you wish).
5. Spoon the mixture to the mould..( I used an individual muffin mould ).
6. Cook it in a steam pan covered, until cooked..( it takes about 20-25 minutes..depends..)
Well..now, its ready to serve... usually it was served with dessicated coconut.