This morning, I have no idea.. what I am going to serve for my three kids breakfast. The eldest already said, ' Mom.. if possible can we have other than rice for breakfast..,it just that I feel like eating something else..and not cereal too.' The other two.. said they don't mind..whatever it is.. including rice..anything will be fine for them.
So, I just said,' Okay, I will figure out something else.. and it depends on whatever I found in the fridge and the kitchen cabinet'. As a result, ... Murtabak Segera.
It took me less than 15 minutes to prepare it. so.. fast and perfect for their breakfast.
How to make it? so simple...
( serves 9 )
- 9 sheets spring roll pastry( ready made)
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 red onion
- 1 can sardines ( it can be anything you wish )
- salt, cumin powder, white pepper, lemon juice
1. Halve the onion and slice thinly.
2. Mashed the sardines and and sprinkling it with a little lemon juice,and season with salt,cumin
powder and white pepper. Mix them together.
3. Finally, add the lightly beaten egg into the mixture. Mix them together again.
Thus, the filling is ready to use.
4.Place the 4-5 tablespoon of the filling mixture at the middle of the spring roll sheet.
5.Fold the spring roll sheet into squares form and don't forget to spread a little of the egg along the edge of the spring roll paper to seal it.
6.Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a pre heated frying pan..and when quite hot, fry the ready spring rolls until golden brown, turning once..
Try it... it is simple..and nice.